Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

SYMBOL OF THE COAT OF ARMS


A year ago I came across a 20years old post secondary student,I did wanted to know how much he knew of Nigeria, his country.He did impress me except that he does not know what the symbols of the coat of arms stands for.

Subsequently, I met many others with varying performance, most did well.Except for one very interesting case where the particular girl does not know who colonised Nigeria after six years in secondary school.She said it was Benin Republic.Interesting indeed!

I quite understand many would not know what the symbols of the coat of arms stands for,so I decided to remind us.

BLACK SHIELD-------------------------------------Nigeria fertile soil

THE WHITE HORSE------------------------------(chargers)-----Dignity

THE EAGLE-----------------------------------------Strength

SILVERY BAND------------------------------------River Niger &Benue

THE YELLOW FLOWER(costus spectabilis)-Beauty of Nigeria
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment